Trinkets & Trash Marketing - 8012 documents
- A project of Rutgers School of Public Health, the Trinkets & Trash Marketing collection contains images of current and historic tobacco products and marketing materials such as advertisements, direct mailings, emails, sweepstakes, and coupon promotions.
- See the Trinkets & Trash website for more info on this amazing database of materials.
- Note: Each record in this collection will link out to the corresponding record on the Trinkets & Trash website for a larger image and more information.
State of Washington Secondhand Smoke - 1517 documents
- Contains documents from the 1998 lawsuit 'Aviation West Corp. v. Washington State Dept. of Labor and Industries' obtained through a public records request made by Lisa Bero.
- In 1993, the State of Washington's Department of Labor and Industry filed proposed indoor air quality regulations. One of the proposed regulations was aimed at eliminating secondhand smoke exposures (referred to in the documents as environmental tobacco smoke (ETS)) in private workplaces. Five major cigarette manufacturers (B&W, American Tobacco, Lorillard, Philip Morris and RJ Reynolds) and three Washington businesses brought a suit against the State arguing the regulation on smoking in private workplaces was invalidly enacted. Both trial and appellate courts upheld the regulation.